Slow cooker root veg and chickpea tagine
We are carrying on with the slow cooker theme with a tasty vegetarian recipe.
Slow Cooker Root Veg and Chickpea Tagine
- 4 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 small parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teasp ground cumin
- 1 teasp paprika
- 1 teasp ground cinnamon
- 1 teasp mild chilli powder
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 2 small handfuls soft dried apricots
- 2 teasp honey
- couscous, rice or jacket potatoes to serve
Heat the slow cooker if necessary.
Put all the ingredients into a large pan (or use the slow cooker pan if removable). Place on a hob and bring up to a simmer before transferring to the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours until all the vegetables are tender.
Season and serve.