These zingy, zesty, black bean wraps are a firm family favourite. Quick and easy to make, and any leftovers are great for lunch the following day. Enjoy x Spicy bean tacos with tomato salsa Ingredients 1 tbsp olive oil 2 garlic cloves, […]
Month: July 2018
This is another fast supper dish using only a few ingredients which come together to pack a real punch of flavour. Perfect for a weekday meal when time is precious. Enjoy x Spaghetti with King Prawns, garlic and Chilli Ingredients 200g spaghetti […]
As the heat wave continues light, tasty food is the order of the day. This recipe is inspired by Greek flavours and includes feta cheese and olives. As both of these ingredients can be quite salty, do check the seasoning carefully before adding extra salt.
Couscous Salad with Mixed Beans, Feta Cheese and Olives.
- 250g couscous
- 350ml boiling water
- ½ vegetable stock cube
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- small bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400g can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 400g can of borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 100g black olives, drained and rinsed
- 200g feta cheese
Put the couscous into a large bowl. Dissolve the stock cube in the boiling water then pour over the couscous. Stir, then leave to stand for 10 minutes to allow the grains to swell and absorb the water. Finally, fork through to loosen up the couscous.
Add the olive oil and lemon juice, along with a good grinding of black pepper, then add the spring onions and herbs. Mix well.
Add the tomatoes, beans and olives and gently stir in. Transfer to a large serving bowl and crumble over the feta cheese.
The salad will keep for up to 2 days in the fridge in an airtight container.